What Are the Benefits of Heat Pumps?

What Are the Benefits of Heat Pumps?

A heat pump is a renewable energy alternative to a traditional domestic boiler. They're a popular option for sourcing energy to your household due to their many benefits, including high efficiency and low maintenance.


How does a heat pump work?

A heat pump does what it says on the tin! It pumps/moves heat using a compressor and circulates heat from natural sources outside of your home. For example, this can be from the air, or the heat of the soil in your garden. 

This is then transferred into your house and converted to heat at an impressive 300-400% efficiency rate!


The benefits of heat pumps:

1. They save you money

Heat pumps are far cheaper to run than combustion heating systems based on their efficiency. Whilst heat pumps may be expensive to install, they are definitely worth the investment. They can save you up to £1,400 a year! 

Due to the efficiency of heat pumps, you will receive huge long-term savings on your energy for 20-25 years.


2. They reduce your home's carbon footprint

When you have a heat pump installed in your property, they operate using electricity and natural sources. This energy doesn't produce any emissions, meaning they are much more environmentally friendly than traditional heating systems, such as boilers. 


3. They are more efficient and sustainable than traditional boilers

You won't have to worry about whether your heat pump will work in freezing temperatures. Heat pumps can operate with amazing efficiency in cold temperatures. This is because only 25% of the energy used from a heat pump is provided by electricity. The remaining 75% comes from natural sources, such as the ground, water, and even the air!


4. They will last you a life time

Did you know that the lifespan of a heat pump is double that of a traditional domestic boiler? Boilers typically last from 10-12 years, whereas heat pumps have a lifespan of 20-25 years.

Heat pumps have an incredibly robust design with stable parts that require minimal maintenance, so much so that yearly checks are generally advised - but not required!


Should I get a heat pump?

If you're ready to make the investment, a heat pump is an incredible alternative to a traditional boiler. In fact, there will be no new gas boilers being sold after 2025 to reach the UK's Net Zero targets for 2050. 

A report from the International Energy Agency revealed that they expect 19 million heat pump installations in new homes by 2050. So, it's probably the best time to hop on the renewable energy bandwagon! 

Take a Look at Our Renewable Gas Course

Check out our blog all about heat pumps to learn more!

Get in touch to learn more about our training courses!

First Name *
Surname *
Telephone Number *
E-mail address *
Ask A Question *
Security Character Security Character Security Character Security Character Security Character Security Character
Enter Letters (No Spaces) *