Our electrical courses include online tuition, hands-on training and 3 years of career support.
Stage 1: Live Online Learning
Access Training Online is a learning portal that allows you unlimited theory tuition for 3 years in the comfort of your own home, allowing you to take part in live tuition as many times as you want.
- Live lessons, demonstrations & practice tests
- Unlimited 24/7 access to all learning material
- Useful resources including access to Tutors
Stage 2: Intensive Practical Training
Book full-time dates or be flexible with your practical training and book each part to suit your availability as well as your aspirations. Our trade training centres are open 7 days a week.
- Intensive 'hands on' training & teaching
- Industry-recognised accredited training program
- No prior experience needed as we’ll help you
Stage 3: Career & Employment Support
Our career support package is designed to get you ready for the workplace or setup your own business. We provide ongoing training and professional development for up to 3 Years after joining us.
- Employment preparation & access to employers
- Free employability course including CV building
- Guaranteed ongoing support for 3 years
Candidates who enrol onto this course will learn:
Who should enrol?
What qualification will I receive?
Upon successful completion of this electrical design course, you will receive the Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations, confirming that you are qualified to design electrical installations.
This will give you the ability to work alongside architects, building designers, and other professionals.
Design and Verification of Electrical Installations
Our Electrical Design Course consists of the following units:
Complete design of electrical installations
Calculations and technical requirements
Regulation compliance for new designs
Current safety legislation and wiring regulations
Your course will culminate in a written examination and a portfolio-based (theoretical) project.
Progressing furtherBy completing our electrical design course, you will have achieved the very highest electrical qualification that Access Training Academies have to offer. You will now be well on your way to a rewarding and fulfilling career as an electrician – many electrical designers work in managerial and supervisory posts alongside other professionals, such as architects and building designers.
If you would like to complement your electrical expertise with additional skills, please contact Access Training Academies to discuss our other trade training packages.
Reason to train with us
- Expert tutors with many years of professional electrical experience
- Fully-equipped training centres across the UK
- Continuous tutorial support whilst completing your portfolio-based project