If you’re thinking about changing to a career in the electrical industry or are already working as an electrician and are looking for to gain further qualifications to move your career forward, Access Training Academies are here to help! If you are part of the former, you may have already had a think about how to kick-start your career as an electrician and what is the best option for you. We understand that this can get fairly complicated with a variety of roles of pathways available to you, but it doesn’t have to be with our range of fast-track Electrician Courses.
The demand for electricians
A recently carried out report showed that electricians and other skilled trade experts are among the most difficult professionals to employ through a lack of workforce numbers, above and over sales, management and executives. Figures issued by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show that the electrical industry is in anguish as a result of a lack of resources, largely due to an ageing workforce. As a result of apprenticeships or meaningful training routes not being available over the years, there has been a decreased number of new entrants into the field. This doesn’t have to be an issue, however, with Access Training Academies Electrical Courses.
Becoming an electrician
The main role of a typical electrician is to install, test and maintain electrical equipment, wiring, fittings and appliances in a variety of commercial and residential settings. Traditionally, the way in which an individual would enter the electrical industry would be to first complete an industry-recognised Level 3 qualification such as an NVQ while working or subsequently enrol onto an apprenticeship which combines studies with on-the-job training. These, however, can take many years to complete. Something you do not have to worry about with Access Training.
Access Training Electrical Courses
As mentioned, whether you are just starting out in your electrical career or are looking to increase your number of professional qualifications, Access Training provides a number of high-quality programmes that guarantee you achieve all necessary qualifications while gaining valuable work experience. Our New Career Courses focus on providing all of the basic and essential electrician qualifications, regardless of prior experience, whereas our range of Trade Professional Courses are centred around providing experienced electricians with further qualifications and training in order to meet current regulations and further their existing abilities. All of our Electrical Courses can be viewed below.
View our Electrical Courses >
If you have any questions or require further information regarding our Electrical Courses, please do not hesitate to contact us today by calling 0800 345 7492 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you’re thinking about starting a career in plumbing or you’re curious about where you can progress from your current plumbing position, there are a few different routes that someone in the plumbing profession can take.
Becoming a plumber
With no prior experience in the plumbing industry, people might believe that plumbers have a somewhat limited career path, but that simply isn’t the case. From your first day of training to become a plumber you are presented with a variety of different areas that you could choose to specialise in, including:
- Ventilation systems
- Heating systems
- Air-conditioning systems
- Solar-powered systems
Will I be doing the same jobs every day?
Not necessarily. The role of a plumber can be very diverse, one day you might be carrying out a bathroom repair or boiler check, and the next day you might be working on a design for a new plumbing system in a home or commercial building. It really depends on your skill set and the type of company that you work for.
How can I progress in my plumbing career?
One of the easiest ways to progress in your plumbing career is to acquire new qualifications and skills that set you apart from other plumbers and set you up to carry out a range of duties.
Our Premier Plumbing Course enables you to work across the plumbing, electrical and gas industries. The training in this course covers aspects such as:
- Health and Safety
- Bathroom Installation
- Electrical Principles
- Gas Safety
Find out more about our Premier Plumbing Course >
Alternatively, you could also choose to pursue higher education. With a good amount of prior plumbing experience and a range of qualifications under your belt, you could work towards acquiring a university degree in engineering or a related subject.
Why not take a look at the Plumbing Training Courses available on Access Training Academies, to see how we can help you start, or progress further in your plumbing career?
Click Here to see all Plumbing Courses >
The decision to become self-employed is a difficult one. You may have been working as part of a company or organisation for a period of time or may be a young and enthusiastic individual with a great business idea, eager to venture out into the world of work on your own two feet. Either way, the sphere of self-employment is both exciting and risky. But nothing is without its dangers. Individuals choose not to go into the unknown of self-employment because of the perils associated, but because of the advantages and individual benefits that it can bring. Before taking the step into becoming self-employed, it may be a good idea to remind yourself of these advantages to give yourself the confidence to make the plunge.
- Taking Control - Arguably the biggest motivating factor in becoming self-employed is the power and enjoyment that comes with being in control of all aspects of your business. Many people who have worked for a company as an employee may get tired of being told what to do, especially if they do not have a close working relationship with their superiors. When you’re your own boss, you decide what happens within your company, you choose the target audience, you pick the look, style and culture associated with the brand that you want to create. You also get to choose the location and hours that you work. Two huge factors when it comes to making the transition into self-employment.
- Job Security – The risks associated with self-employment are far greater in the beginning, as they’re more likely to have an influence. As time goes on, however, and your business starts to grow bigger, so does your job security. Unlike traditional employment where your boss has the ability to let you go at any time when you work for yourself, you’ll never have to worry about getting sacked. The knowledge that you are in full control over your future can be a big motivator in running your own business.
- Utilising Your Skills – One of the biggest and most rewarding benefits of being self-employed is the ability to showcase your best and most effective skills. As you are creating your business from scratch, you get to decide what the focus of your work is. You get to tailor your company around your passion and area of expertise. This is hugely inspiring for anyone thinking about leaving traditional work as many individuals find themselves limited to the parameters of their position, unable to utilise their best and most effective skills, which can make many people feel like they aren’t being used to their full potential.
- Greater Earning Potential – In regular employment, you are stuck within your agreed salary. In most cases, this can get increased on an annual basis or involve yearly bonuses, but generally, there is a cap on your earning potential when working in a certain career. When working for yourself, you have a much higher chance of earning a greater amount of money. This may take time to achieve, but when your business reaches the point of profitability, your earning potential grows significantly. You may even reach a point where you have the ability the expand and upscale your business to help it grow further and increase your earning potential even more.
- A Sense of Pride – The ultimate advantage of self-employment is the sense of pride that can be achieved. Seeing your business grow from a start-up to a potential national level organisation or franchise is a hugely satisfying feeling. Most of the time, however, you do not need to reach those sorts of levels to feel a sense of accomplishment. It’s the small milestones that mean the most. As your business starts to grow, you gain a greater feeling of being established and with continued success and more correct decisions, you have the ability to create a business that can involve members of your family or can be passed down to your children. A business that leaves a legacy is something that is worth more than anything.
These are just a number of the many advantages of self-employment, all of which are achievable with the help of Access Training Academies. We have an extensive range of courses available, across a variety of industries that you are able to complete in order to get fully qualified and kick-start your journey into self-employment. Click below to view our full range of courses and gain both the experience and credentials you need to become your own boss.
If you have any questions regarding our courses or require further information about a specific course, please do not hesitate to contact us today!