Enrol on this course to learn:
Completion of the EV charger installation course will enable you to register on the Rolec approved installers scheme. Registered installers appear on the Rolec national database, which can result in job referrals and grants of up to £500 per installation through the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
How to install vehicle charging points
EV charging point commissioning
How to inspect and test your installations
Who is the EV charging course intended for?Our 2-day Electrical Vehicle Charging Point Installation Course is specifically designed for experienced electrical installers who are looking to add to their existing skills.
Before applying for this course, please make sure you meet the following criteria:
- 18 years and over
- Experience of installing PVC / PVC cable and SWA cable
- Ability to provide initial verification on electrical installations (including paperwork)
- Up-to-date knowledge of 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
What qualification will I earn?Satisfactory completion of this 2-day course will result in the Level 3 Award in the Requirements for the Installation of Electric Vehicle Charging Points.
An overview of the units covered can be found below.
- Introduction to Electric Vehicles
- Overview of EV Charging
- EV Chargepoint Installation Requirements
- Practical Vehicle Charger Installation
- Inspection, Test and Certification
- System Testing, Fault Finding and Examination
For more information on our EV charging course, call Access Training now on 0800 345 7492 and discuss your requirements with one of our friendly course advisors.