Our Plastering Courses
Essential Plastering Course
Learn basic plastering skills and carry out work in a domestic environment.
Professional Plastering Course
Our most popular plastering course. Ideal if you want to become a professional plasterer!
Our 3 Stage Training Programme:
Live Online LearningAccess Training Online is our unique learning portal that gives you 3 years of unlimited online learning. Repeat and re-use our training resources (including live classes, tutor Q&As, practice tests and more) as many times as you wish – it’s the perfect preparation for the next stage of your plastering course.
Intensive Practical TrainingYou can’t become a plasterer without some hands-on experience, so for the second part of your course, you will attend one of our fully-equipped UK training centres and learn all the necessary skills with the help of our expert plastering tutors.
Career & Employment SupportEvery individual who trains with us is assigned a dedicated Career Support Officer who offers expert advice and guidance, smoothing your path to a rewarding new career in the trades. We provide 3 whole years of career support from enrolment.
Why choose Access Training?
- Small class sizes, enabling our plastering tutors to focus on you
- Fast-track plasterer courses that accommodate your existing commitments
- Flexible payment options (including monthly payment plans)
- A blend of online learning and hands-on practice at our training centre
- 3 years of career support to help you hit the ground running
Plastering Course Reviews
How Can We Help You?
Why train as a plasterer?It’s no secret that the trade skills gap is still a large problem in the UK. Within the plastering trade, there is currently a particular shortage for plastering ‘skim finishers’, who are professionally trained to create a smooth finish on a wall, ceiling or surface.
Here at Access Training, we deliver accredited plastering training courses to help provide the country with its next generation of plasterers. Plasterers are an essential part of the UK construction industry, and if you want to become a skilled plasterer and embark on a lucrative new career, a plasterer training course from Access Training is the perfect starting point.
- Plastering is a skill you will use for life
- Essential to become a multi-skilled tradesperson
- Professional qualifications
- Become employed or run your own business
- Exceptionally high demand
With many plastering career opportunities currently available, there’s never been a better time to enrol in a plastering training course.
How much money do plasterers make
Average salary for a plasterers mate in London
Average salary for a plasterer in London
Average salary for an experienced plasterer in London
Job Description Plasterers work on a number of different buildings, including new housing developments, offices and houses (renovations or extensions). When working in peoples’ homes, plasterers often work alone, whereas larger-scale projects may require them to work in teams, each covering different sections of a wall, ceiling or build.
– what do plasterers do?
Alongside this, plasterers often make use of related techniques such as dry lining, where wall and floor partitions are erected using plasterboard. Demand for all of these skills has been increasing dramatically as new developments are built.
Typical tasks for a plasterer may include:
- Spreading wet plaster mix onto walls, working from top to bottom
- Scraping the first coat to make a satisfactory base for the second coat
- Applying a third, thinner, final coat
- Maintaining existing plasterwork using specialist hand tools
- Correcting damaged plasterwork
- Applying or removing (skimming) artex from ceilings and walls
- Pebble dashing or applying sand or cement to external walls
Perfect course for plastering! They really took the time to listen to what each of us wanted to get out of the course, and gave helpful tips to each of us depending on our answer. Miss Taylor - Student