Who should apply? The NVQ Level 2 in Plumbing & Heating is intended for experienced plumbers who already have a good working knowledge of the relevant plumbing techniques and theory.
We provide NVQ packages for:
If you are a novice looking to learn plumbing as a trade, our Career Change Plumbing Courses are ideal for you.
- Learners who already hold the Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing & Heating
- Experienced workers who do not hold the Level 2 Diploma
The structure of our Plumbing NVQ Level 2 assessment programme depends on whether or not you hold the Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing & Heating (see Who should apply
If you do not hold the Level 2 Diploma, you will follow this structure:
- Interview: You will attend a brief interview, giving us a chance to grasp your current experience level and decide on the best way to proceed.
- Induction: An introduction to compiling your portfolio. This can be carried out online if necessary.
- Completing Assessments: Next, you will need to complete all necessary theory and practical assessments in our training centre. This takes around 2-3 weeks; again, please note that this process does NOT involve any training (assessment only).
- Progress Meetings: These will take place periodically once you are on site and working on your portfolio. You will meet with your assessor, who will assess the evidence that you have gathered to date.
- Submission: Once your portfolio is complete, you will submit it for final assessment.
- Award: If successful, you will be awarded your NVQ Plumbing Level 2 qualification.
In either case, an assessor will be required to carry out direct observation in your place of work. Access Training Academies will send an assessor out to your workplace on multiple occasions.
What qualification will I receive?
Once your portfolio has been submitted and assessed, you will (if successful) be awarded the NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating
. You will then be able to apply for a trade recognition card, identifying you as a qualified professional plumber.
Going furtherWe offer a wide variety of trade training courses here at Access Training Academies, and if – having achieved your NVQ plumbing qualification – you decide that you would like to add additional trades to your skill set, we’ll be more than happy to help! We provide accredited electrical training and gas training courses, among other options.
What we offer:
Contact Access Training Academies to learn more about our NVQ Level 2 Plumbing assessment programme.
- Specialist assessors and teaching staff
- Continuous support while you’re compiling your portfolio
- Ongoing assistance with your company’s future qualification needs