3 stage training programme containing online tuition, intensive practical training and 3 years career support
Stage 1: Live Online Theory LearningAccess Training Online is a learning portal that allows you unlimited theory tuition for 3 years in the comfort of your own home, allowing you to take part in live tuition as many times as you want.
- Live lessons, demonstrations & practice tests
- Unlimited 24/7 access to all learning material
- Useful resources including access to Tutors
Stage 2: In-Centre Practical TrainingBook full-time dates or be flexible with your practical training and book each part to suit your availability as well as your aspirations. Our trade training centres are open 7 days a week.
- Intensive 'hands on' training & teaching
- Industry-recognised accredited training program
- No prior experience needed as we’ll help you
Stage 3: Career & Employment SupportOur career support package is designed to get you ready for the workplace or setup your own business. We provide ongoing training and professional development for up to 3 Years after joining us.
- Employment preparation & access to employers
- Free employability course including CV building
- Guaranteed ongoing support for 3 years
You will need to provide:
Please note that this NVQ programme is ASSESSMENT ONLY and does not include any training. If you are looking to learn plumbing from the ground up, please visit our main Plumbing Courses page.
Photographs of the work you have carried out
Who should apply?The NVQ Level 2 in Plumbing & Heating is intended for experienced plumbers who already have a good working knowledge of the relevant plumbing techniques and theory.
We provide NVQ packages for:
- Learners who already hold the Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing & Heating
- Experienced workers who do not hold the Level 2 Diploma
StructureThe structure of our Plumbing NVQ Level 2 assessment programme depends on whether or not you hold the Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing & Heating (see Who should apply above).
If you do not hold the Level 2 Diploma, you will follow this structure:
- Interview: You will attend a brief interview, giving us a chance to grasp your current experience level and decide on the best way to proceed.
- Induction: An introduction to compiling your portfolio. This can be carried out online if necessary.
- Completing Assessments: Next, you will need to complete all necessary theory and practical assessments in our training centre. This takes around 2-3 weeks; again, please note that this process does NOT involve any training (assessment only).
- Progress Meetings: These will take place periodically once you are on site and working on your portfolio. You will meet with your assessor, who will assess the evidence that you have gathered to date.
- Submission: Once your portfolio is complete, you will submit it for final assessment.
- Award: If successful, you will be awarded your NVQ Plumbing Level 2 qualification.
What qualification will I receive?Once your portfolio has been submitted and assessed, you will (if successful) be awarded the NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating. You will then be able to apply for a trade recognition card, identifying you as a qualified professional plumber.
Going furtherWe offer a wide variety of trade training courses here at Access Training Academies, and if – having achieved your NVQ plumbing qualification – you decide that you would like to add additional trades to your skill set, we’ll be more than happy to help! We provide accredited electrical training and gas training courses, among other options.
What we offer:
- Specialist assessors and teaching staff
- Continuous support while you’re compiling your portfolio
- Ongoing assistance with your company’s future qualification needs