3 stage training programme containing online tuition, intensive practical training and 3 years career support
Stage 1: Live Online Theory LearningAccess Training Online is a learning portal that allows you unlimited theory tuition for 3 years in the comfort of your own home, allowing you to take part in live tuition as many times as you want.
- Live lessons, demonstrations & practice tests
- Unlimited 24/7 access to all learning material
- Useful resources including access to Tutors
Stage 2: In-Centre Practical TrainingBook full-time dates or be flexible with your practical training and book each part to suit your availability as well as your aspirations. Our trade training centres are open 7 days a week.
- Intensive 'hands on' training & teaching
- Industry-recognised accredited training program
- No prior experience needed as we’ll help you
Stage 3: Career & Employment SupportOur career support package is designed to get you ready for the workplace or setup your own business. We provide ongoing training and professional development for up to 3 Years after joining us.
- Employment preparation & access to employers
- Free employability course including CV building
- Guaranteed ongoing support for 3 years
You will need to complete a portfolio consisting of:
If you need to earn your NVQ as soon as possible, Access Training’s NVQ carpentry programme is the perfect choice. Contact us now to apply, or read on to find out more about how we can help you to get qualified.
Photographs of your carpentry work
Storyboards/factual accounts of the jobs you complete
Who is this qualification for?If you are an experienced carpenter looking to carry out professional work on-site, achieving your NVQ in carpentry will help employers to feel confident in your skills and expertise.
If you are an inexperienced candidate looking to take the first steps towards a lucrative career in carpentry, we recommend that you enrol onto one of our entry-level carpentry courses before moving on to more advanced qualifications such as this one.
What qualification will I receive?Successful candidates will receive the NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Site Carpentry.
Assessment processThis is the route that you will follow in order to achieve your carpentry NVQ:
- Interview: You will meet with us so that we can get a feel for your current knowledge and experience level and plan your assessment process accordingly.
- Formal Induction: This can be carried out online or in person, and will introduce you to the NVQ carpentry programme and the portfolio that you’ll need to complete.
- Progress Meetings: Once you have begun the process of compiling your portfolio, you will meet with your Access Training assessor on a regular basis. Your assessor will review your progress and assess the evidence you have gathered to date.
- Final Submission: Once your portfolio is complete, you will submit it for final assessment.
- Award: If successful, you will receive the NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Site Carpentry.
Other coursesWhy stop at carpentry? We offer a huge variety of trade courses here at Access Training Academies, both for beginners and for more experienced candidates; if you find yourself looking to add to your skillset, we offer a range of courses across a variety of trades that you can master, such as:
Why Access Training?Here are a few of the reasons to choose Access Training Academies for your NVQ Level 2 Carpentry assessment:
- We can help you to get qualified quickly
- Expert assessors will guide you through the whole process
- A wide variety of progress routes help you achieve even greater success