1. How long are plumbing courses in the UK? Well the answer is that this can vary between months and years if you’re considering becoming a plumber. An apprenticeship can take up to 4 years to complete the plumbing course. While an intensive fast track course will usually take 8 - 20 weeks in length before achieving a plumbing qualification.
2. How long does it take to get certified in plumbing? Generally, it will take you between 1 - 2 years to gain all the plumbing qualification you need if you are undertaking a NVQ Diploma level 2. City and Guilds and EAL offer this plumbing qualification. This method of training takes less time than completing an apprenticeship in plumbing.
3. Is 40 too old to become a plumber? The answer to this is NO, certainly not. You can undertake a plumbing course and gain qualification to become a plumbing at any time in your life. You can be working as a plumber in the trade after 12 months and upon becoming certified and qualified.
4. How much does it cost to become a plumber in the UK? Plumbing courses can cost between £495 and £4,995. They teach between the very basic skills required in plumbing up to full technical and practical skills required to achieve full plumbing certification. Choosing the correct training course with the right plumbing training provider is vital.
5. How much does a plumber earn? Plumbers in the UK generally earn between £750 and £1000 per week which breaks down to £150 - £200 per day of work. Plumber’s wages can increase where demand is greater and higher rates of pay can frequently be achieved, so becoming a plumber is an excellent choice of career.
The plumbing industry is a well respected and lucrative trade. Talk to us today to discover whether a plumbing career is right for you and which plumbing courses you need to take.
Learn your trade. Get qualified. Make it happen.