When it comes to bathroom fitting it seems the homemade goods are the best ones, with new research finding British tradespeople to believe UK goods are far more reliable than those produced abroad.
The research, which comes from online bathroom retailer UKBathrooms.com, looked at 1,012 tradespeople from all of the UK who work with bathroom fixtures and fittings in order to gauge opinion. With a total of 47% agreeing that British made products are superior, it seems the majority of fitters are opting to buy from UK manufacturers wherever they can.
Questions asked for the research included:
- "Do you take into account where a product is manufactured before buying?" 62% believed this to important, while the rest didn't seem to care as long as it did the job.
- "Which manufacturing country do you believe produces the most reliable bathroom fittings/products?" This was posed to all that had answered yes to the previous question, with Britain coming out on top with the aforementioned statistic. Coming in second were Chinese made products with 19%, while Germany took the third place spot with 16%
- "Do you regularly purchase British made bathroom fittings?" With 67% answering 'yes' to this. When asked why, reliability was the most common reason with 57% explaining that British made products tended to have better longevity. 35% also cited that support was much better, as any problems with UK items could be easily fixed. 24% even said they simply preferred the "design and style" of the home products!
- Finally, respondents were asked "Do you think it's important for tradespeople to support British made products?" 52% believed it is indeed important, with 61% agreeing that the UK industry needed their support. 40% also said that they do so to keep Britain's bathroom manufacturing industry in good demand.
UKBathrooms.com director Peter Gregg commented that he was pleased to know UK-based bathroom manufacturers are "held in such high esteem amongst tradespersons". He then went on to discuss the benefits the company has seen in using them itself - a higher level of quality control, easier to source and shorter lead times than buying from production lines in the Far East.
He concluded by saying: "The manufacturing industry’s love affair with the market in the Far East has taken a knock over the last few years as more and more suppliers are looking at the possibility of a return to the UK. Tradespersons being supportive of UK manufacturing can only be a good thing to those looking at the possibility of coming back to Britain."
Fancy learning all about bathroom installations and having a go at it yourself, with the aim to even turn professional? If you're looking for a more active line of work, Access Training Academies offer high quality bathroom fitting training courses that will give you the skills and qualifications to make that a reality. At the end you'll also have the perfect grounding to continue on to more advanced plumbing training should you so wish. Give us a call on 0800 345 7492 and our course advisers will be happy to tell you more. Don't delay and book your place today!
Though we've come to the end of Gas Safety Week, the importance of gas safety is something we should all keep in mind 365 days a year. But to round off what seems to have been a very successful week, the Gas Safe register are taking to the road for a series of nationwide events.
This Saturday they'll be stopping in at the following locations:
- Birmingham - Currys PC World, Gallagher Retail Park, Wednesbury, WS10 9QY (12pm - 4pm)
- Bristol - Currys PC World, Cribbs Causeway, BS34 5TX (12pm - 4pm)
- Glasgow - Currys PC World, Braehead Retail Park, G51 4BT (12pm - 4pm)
- Liverpool - Currys PC World, Racecourse Retail, Rark, Aintree, L9 5AL (10am - 2pm)
- N. Ireland - Currys, Sprucefield Retail Park, Lisburn, BT27 5UN (10am - 4pm)
- Norwich - B&Q, Boundary Road, NR6 5JS (10am - 2pm)
- Swansea - Currys PC World, Morfa Shopping Park, SA1 7DS (10am - 4pm)
- York - B&Q, Hull Road, YO10 3JA (10am - 2pm)
At these events, supported by Currys PC World, B&Q and the National Fire Services, you'll be able to find out more about staying gas safe in your home. So be sure to pop along if you're out and about doing shopping in those areas this weekend!
To mark Gas Safety Week, Access Training are offering 20% off our professional gas course from now until the end of September. To take advantage of this offer all you need to do is quote "GASWEEK" when speaking to one of our course advisors. You can contact them on 0800 345 7492.