When it comes to working as a tradesperson, there are no shortage of career avenues available. One popular option is to become self-employed; there are many benefits to being your own boss, so it's not hard to see why so many people are drawn to this route.
In fact, the opportunity to become self-employed is one of the main reasons why so many people choose to learn a trade in the first place.
If you're interested in training to become a tradesperson, you might be looking to find out a little more about what potential career opportunities will be available to you once you've completed your training. If so, this blog has relevant information for you.
Plumbing and gas engineering are two very attractive career paths. Both trades come with relatively lucrative salaries and good workplace flexibility.
If you're interested in becoming a gas engineer, you might have found your way to this blog post by researching about what kind of qualifications you need to get started. So, exactly what qualifications do you need to be a gas engineer?
It's well known that tradespeople make a decent amount of money. Both plumbing and electrical work can be very lucrative trades - but how much do plumbers and electricians actually make? And who earns the most?
Before we dive into that question, a disclaimer: it's rare for two tradespeople to have exactly the same salary, and earnings largely depend on an individual's work experience and qualifications. For the purposes of this blog post, we'll be looking at statistical averages, primarily those provided by the Office of National Statistics.
So who, on average, earns the most money?
Gas boilers are without a doubt the most tried, tested, and trusted means of warming up UK homes. Introduced to households on a widespread scale in the 1950s, gas boilers quickly became a popular option for home heating. Nowadays, a whopping 87% of UK households use gas to heat their homes, with just the remaining 13% using alternatives like electricity and oil.
However, with modern science making us more and more aware of the adverse effects that gas can have on the environment, money is being poured into finding a plausible alternative.
Enter heat pumps.
There are a lot of reasons you might call a plumber to your house; maybe you’re planning a large scale bathroom renovation, have a leaky tap that needs fixing, or are looking for an emergency fix to a DIY mishap that has left your bathroom flooded. Either way, you’ll be picking up your phone and searching for “good plumbers near me”.
While there are lots of different scenarios that might require you to call a plumber, have you ever wondered when might be the best time to call? When are plumbers the busiest? Whilst plumbing might not be a profession you’d typically associate with seasonality, research has shown that there actually is a busiest time of year for plumbers.