3 stage training programme containing online tuition, intensive practical training and 3 years career support
Stage 1: Live Online Theory LearningAccess Training Online is a learning portal that allows you unlimited theory tuition for 3 years in the comfort of your own home, allowing you to take part in live tuition as many times as you want.
- Live lessons, demonstrations & practice tests
- Unlimited 24/7 access to all learning material
- Useful resources including access to Tutors
Stage 2: In-Centre Practical TrainingBook full-time dates or be flexible with your practical training and book each part to suit your availability as well as your aspirations. Our trade training centres are open 7 days a week.
- Intensive 'hands on' training & teaching
- Industry-recognised accredited training program
- No prior experience needed as we’ll help you
Stage 3: Career & Employment SupportOur career support package is designed to get you ready for the workplace or setup your own business. We provide ongoing training and professional development for up to 3 Years after joining us.
- Employment preparation & access to employers
- Free employability course including CV building
- Guaranteed ongoing support for 3 years
If you complete this course, you will:
Receive 2 industry-recognised qualifications
Gain a range of skills and knowledge in the field of electrical inspection and testing
Learn the essential skills you’ll need to advance your career as an electrician
Who is this course aimed at?The combined inspection and testing course is ideal for anyone who wishes to gain further experience and competency in the field of electrical inspection and testing.
Novices who wish to become electricians should consider taking one of our career change courses instead of this electrical inspection and testing course.
QualificationsBoth of the qualifications that make up this course require candidates to pass examinations before receiving their certificates. These include online assessments and practical assignments, testing both your theoretical knowledge and your grasp of the skills required.
Successful candidates will receive the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Award in Initial Verification of Electrical Installations
- Level 3 Award in Periodic Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations
Safely isolating electrical systems
Functional testing and correct procedures
Interpreting test results
Periodic inspection and testing
Compiling and issuing certificates and reports
Progress RoutesOnce you have completed our combined inspection and testing course, your tutors will be happy to discuss your career ambitions going forward and recommend suitable progress routes that will help you to achieve your goals. We offer a wide range of electrical training courses here at Access Training Academies, and no matter where you wish to go next, we are sure to have a programme that suits you.
Alternatively, if you wish to branch out into a field other than electrical work, we can also help you to add plumbing, gas engineering, and other qualifications to your portfolio.
Benefits of training with us:
- Flexible training programmes (full or part time, weekdays and weekends)
- Expert tuition from specialist tutors
- Approved training centres with all necessary equipment