...to fit your work schedule & budget
The bespoke course is designed to give candidates instruction on how to install and maintain CCTV systems and their component parts. This comprehensive 2 day course comprises of CCTV systems, their possible applications, their design and their implementation. It is the ideal course for anyone wishing to become familiar with and install CCTV systems.
This electrical course will introduce the candidate to the level understanding required to allow you to work safely and efficiently on CCTV equipment and associated electrical systems. The course delivery is designed to maximise the time the instructors spend with each student with virtually one to one teaching that gives each candidate the instruction and support they need in a ‘step by step’ fashion.
Who is this qualification for?
We have devised this course to be primarily focussed upon people with little or no previous experience of CCTV and associated electrical systems but can also be used as by skilled candidates needing a refresher course. In short, the course is designed in the best way possible with regards to teaching delegates the key aspects CCTV systems and the theories behind them.
You will gain the highest standard of achievement
All candidates will receive a certificate to conform their attendance and completion of the course. It is also an option for individuals to sit an examination covering the aspects they have covered on the course, even though this course is non-accredited. This can be provided for delegates as an optional examination that can help those students who intend to progress onto other courses. However, delegates will receive a certificate accredited by Access Training.
(ATW Certificate, any of the following aspects can be covered on the course)
Guided Learning: 2 days
- An introduction to CCTV systems
- Digital Cameras and their uses
- Video Signal Theory
- Different types of cabling including Coax and Twisted Pair
- Fibre Optics
- Lens Theory and different types of lenses
- Pan, Tilt and Zoom (PTZ) Cameras
- Digital CCTV
- Storage System Mediums
- Wireless Transmission
- Connectors and their correct application
- Guidance regarding CCTV Site Survey
- Required Installation Tools
After this course some students also undertake the EAL Part P Domestic Installers qualification and go further with their training. If this is the case than we recommend that completing both as complete package ensuring that the student has practical experience as well as theoretical knowledge of electrical work. This provides students who successfully complete both courses with a good grounding and the ability to carry our domestic installations safely and within the regulations.
Our electrical courses provide a clear progression route, helping learners to achieve the career goals they aspire to. Successful candidates can progress to higher level work during their career and can for example move on to work in the Building Services Industry in roles such as Project Management. This helps those who wish to, to progress from skilled occupations into technical, supervisory or managerial posts. The Level 3 Inspection & Testing also provides candidates with a route to becoming certified to carry out work testing existing electrical installations and gain even more lucrative work in the sector.
- City & Guilds 2392-10: Certificate in Fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification (Level 2)
- City & Guilds 2391-10: Certificate in Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (Level 3)
- City & Guilds 2391-20: Certificate in Design, Erection and Verification of Electrical Installations (Level 3)
Support for students
Access Training is committed to the highest standards of customer focus and technical expertise, with a host of benefits including:
- Specialist, professionally qualified teaching staff with a wealth of industry experience.
- Enhanced Online Assessments, allowing students to sit exams with flexibility to fit around their speed of learning.
- 24hr online support for all student questions and queries when studying away from the training centre.
We train students from anywhere in the UK
The main areas include:
- South Wales
(Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Bridgend)
- South of England
(Bristol, Gloucester, Bath, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Slough, London)
- The Midlands
(Birmingham, Hereford, Worcester, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester)
- The South West
(Devon, Cornwall, Exeter, Plymouth, Taunton)
Information regarding our electrical courses is available from our Course Advice Team. Please call for advice or leave your details and we’ll contact you!