First thing’s first: anybody can be an electrician, with previous experience or not. In reality, there are only a few important things you need:
- Theory and practical training preparing you for exams and career
- Industry recognised qualifications from an accredited awarding body (such as EAL or City & Guilds).
- A good work ethic, and a commitment to working in the trade industry.
There are a couple of ways you can gain the training and qualifications to start your career as an electrician. You will need to choose the option that both suits your lifestyle and provides you the best outcome. The two most common are:
- This takes 2-4 years to complete, typically involving large classes and infrequent training.
- Poor starting wage.
- Good experience gained working with professionals for a long period of time.
- Private academies involve professional tuition in small, focused groups.
- Amount of time training is the same as apprenticeship, but is condensed to full time or flexible courses so people can work at the same time as training.
- Courses last from 2 weeks to several months depending on the qualifications being obtained.
- Experience needs to be gained quickly and confidently .
- Great starting wages as qualifications have already been earnt.
Access Training is a private training company which offers the training courses necessary to become a qualified electrician. It gives you the necessary qualifications, and a leg-up into the electrical industry, providing you with essential experience, skill, and qualifications. Speak to our career support team today to explore all the options available.
Here’s a breakdown of what Access Training can offer anybody starting out on an electrical career, or already experienced in the field, wanting to add a string to your bow. Our courses range between the following:
- Essential - Offering the essential skills and qualifications necessary to becoming a domestic electrician; this course is the base layer requirement for getting you out and working in domestic environments.
- Professional - For those serious about going far in an electrical career, this course builds on the qualifications on offer; for wider career options, greater skill-set, and more work opportunities, choose this course.
- Premier - This course will give you everything you could possibly need out of an electrical career; not only will you be a fully qualified and desirable employee, but you will also have the means to work for yourself, and be your own boss.
How training works:
With the right mindset, all you need to do is pick the right course for you, sign up, and our tutors will take care of the rest.
Learn your trade. Get qualified. Make it happen.