One outstanding young tradesperson will win a trip to Barcelona, plus £1,000 worth of new tools!
Britain's workforce is getting older, and with the ongoing skills shortage
causing major problems for the UK construction industry, skilled young tradespeople are an extremely valuable resource right now. We're all trying to encourage more young people to learn a trade and turn professional, but at the same time, it's equally important to recognise the young people who are already doing great work across the country.
To that end, British builders' merchants Jewson have launched a new competition that's strictly for UK-based tradespeople under the age of 30. The title of Young Tradesperson of the Year 2016 will be awarded to "a hard worker with the skills, ideas, and passion required to be a true success"; in addition to gaining a great new accolade for their CV, the successful entrant will also win a weekend in Barcelona (including tickets for a football match), plus £1,000 worth of new tools!
If you think you could be Jewson's Young Tradesperson of the Year - of if you'd like to nominate somebody else for the award - here's what to do...
How to enter/nominate
Remember, entrants must be under the age of 30 to have a chance of winning!
- Go to www.jewsontools.co.uk/shed/young-tradesperson-of-the-year.
- Type your details (or the details of the person you're nominating) into the online entry form.
- Explain why your nominee deserves to be crowned Young Tradesperson of the Year. Use no more than 100 words.
- Upload up to 3 images to accompany your entry - these might be photographs of an outstanding job, or a before/after picture.
- State whether you're nominating yourself or somebody else and click Send nomination.
The competition closes on Monday the 29th of February, so don't wait around - get your nomination in now!
Be sure to follow Access Training on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest trade news and insight.