Request a Call Back and speak directly to one of our specialist advisors.
CAA NVQ Diploma Level 2 - Tiling
(Cskills Awards L2 NVQ Diploma in Wall & Floor Tiling (Construction) - Solid)
This course represents a level the potential tiling professional could achieve. The Construction Awards Alliance (CAA) NVQ Diploma in Wall & Floor Tiling is the advanced level course designed to develop the skills and knowledge of literally anyone, enabling them to train from zero knowledge up to working in the industry in their chosen craft of tiling and ultimately qualifying them fully to work onsite, after the course.
All the units of tiling training must be completed by each learner and you will be guided and trained throughout this process by our experienced tiling instructors. After the initial tiling training gained at our centre you will then be assessed in the workplace by one of our Assessors. To gain the full Wall & Floor Tiling NVQ diploma, students must achieve all units, the final practical assignment, pass the multiple online tests and achieve the onsite assessment requirements.
What this course will do with regards to all of this, is equip all course participants with the vital tiling skills and knowledge to produce a professional tiling finish in all scenarios resulting in the award of a high level Wall & Floor Tiling NVQ Diploma qualification. This is an advanced course but it is designed for anyone; novices and experienced personnel wanting to gain their tiling NVQ Level 2.
Who is this qualification for?
There are no formal entry requirements for the diploma anyone can enrol and complete this course. All potential candidates have the opportunity to attend and successfully gain the full Wall & Floor Tiling NVQ Diploma Level 2 qualification.
The Construction Awards Alliance (CAA) do not state that there is a need for any formal entry requirements; this course is suitable for those who wish to improve their tiling DIY or property development skills. The qualification is also designed for those personnel who want to gain a tiling qualification to enter the industry and be recognised.
It is also intended for those working with tiling contracting companies who have responsibility for their staff to be qualified. The CAA have designed this course so that it caters for all learners, whatever their background and experience.
Part 1 (CAA NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Wall & Floor Tiling)
The initial part of the course has been specifically developed for delivery at our Tiling Training Centre using simulated conditions that are as close to real scenarios as possible. The course is practical based and there are online tests so the candidate can show what they can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
The tiling training comprises of:
- CC 1001K: Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- CC 1001S: Carry out safe working practices in construction
- CC 2002K: Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- CC 2002S: Information, quantities and communicating with others
- CC 2003K: Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- CC 2003S: Building methods and construction technology
- CC 2027K: Know how to form sand and cement screeds
- CC 2027S: Form sand and cement screeds
- CC 2084K: Know how to prepare backgrounds for tiling
- CC 2084S: Prepare backgrounds for tiling
- CC 2085K: Know how to tile floor surfaces
- CC 2085S: Tile floor surfaces
- CC 2086K: Know how to tile wall surfaces
- CC 2086S: Tile wall surfaces
Followed by the Wall & Floor Tiling Level 2 Synoptic Practical Assignment Level 2 ‘Bathroom’ and the online exam.
Part 2 (Cskills Awards L2 NVQ in Wall & Floor Tiling)
You will then be assessed onsite by one of our assessors on a number of arranged occasions. He will then sign off each part of the criteria that you achieve in the workplace and your full Wall & Floor Tiling NVQ Diploma level 2.
The assessment comprises of 5 mandatory units:
- QCF01: Conforming to General Safety
- QCF02: Conforming to Efficient Working Practices
- QCF03: Moving and Handling Resources
- QCF141: Producing Internal Solid Plastering Finishes
- QCF142: Producing Backgrounds to Receive Wall and/or floor tiling in the workplace.
An additional 2 Units are optional but can be selected:
- QCF149: Laying Under Tile Electrical Heating Systems and Tiling Surfaces in the Workplace
- QCF402: Slinging Signalling the Movement of Loads (Secondary Role) in the Workplace
In summary the completion of the course will be after the:
- Achievement of each unit by internal testing undertaken by the candidate at our tiling training centre.
- A synoptic practical tiling assignment set by the CAA that the candidate must complete.
- Online test covering the specified tiling units that must be passed to achieve the qualification. The test is an independent test of both knowledge and understanding.
- Onsite assessment covering 5 units (plus 2 optional units) resulting in the award of a CAA NVQ Diploma level 2 in Wall & Floor Tiling.
After this course some students decide to go further and undertake other courses to broaden their scope of work. We recommend that completing a second course such as a plastering course as a complete package ensures that you as a student have the practical experience as well as theoretical knowledge of your work. This provides students who successfully complete both courses with a good grounding and the ability to carry out many tasks and increase their scope of work.
- CAA Diploma in Plastering
- City & Guilds Plastering Course
- DIY and Home Improvement Plastering Course
Our tiling courses provide this clear progression route, helping students to achieve the career goals they aspire to. With these skills and qualifications you can progress to a higher level of work during your career and you can for example, move on to work in the Building Services Industry further down the line. This helps those who wish, to progress from skilled occupations into technical, supervisory or managerial posts.
Support for students
Access Training is committed to the highest standards of customer focus and technical expertise, with a host of benefits including:
- Specialist, professionally qualified teaching staff with a wealth of industry experience.
- Enhanced Online Assessments, allowing students to sit exams with flexibility to fit around their speed of learning.
- 24hr online support for all student questions and queries when studying away from the training centre.
We train students from anywhere in the UK
The main areas include:
- South Wales
(Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Bridgend)
- South of England
(Bristol, Gloucester, Bath, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Slough, London)
- The Midlands
(Birmingham, Hereford, Worcester, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester)
- The South West
(Devon, Cornwall, Exeter, Plymouth, Taunton)
Information regarding our tiling courses is available from our Course Advice Team. Please call for advice or leave your details and we’ll contact you!