2 Day Wallpapering Course
(ATW certificate if required)
On this course we will teach you the practical skills required to carry out wallpapering tasks effectively, so if you have a project in mind or you just want to learn how to do it then we will tailor the course just for you. The course enables students to learn the essential skills involved in wallpapering and can be regarded as a specialist course designed for those wanting to tackle DIY and home improvement projects.
This 2-day course is taught at our purpose built decorating training facility is designed for you if you are a complete beginner. It provides for an excellent learning environment enabling you to work and learn at your own pace regardless of your previous experience.
Who is this course for?
Absolutely no previous experience is necessary for this course, it is suitable for anyone who is looking to complete a DIY project or for those who would like to learn techniques that are involved in making wallpapering simple. This course is open to anyone and is designed for those who do not have the knowledge, experience or confidence to carry out this type of work.
You will however, be able to make the home improvements that you didn’t think you could before attending this course. The number of students on each course is just six guaranteeing a high level of personal attention from our experienced Tutors.
You will gain the highest standard of achievement
All candidates will receive a certificate to confirm their attendance upon completion of the course. It is also an option for individuals to sit an examination covering the aspects they have covered on the course, even though this course is non-accredited. This can be provided for delegates as an optional examination that can help those students who intend to progress onto other courses. You will be working with one of our tutors in your own training areas will receive training, depending on your progress, in the following skills and during the 5 days spent on the course:
(ATW Certificate, any of the following aspects can be covered on the course)
Guided Learning: 2 days
- Techniques for papering walls
- Simple, quick techniques for wallpapering ceilings
- Preparing wall areas for wallpapering.
- How to prepare walls and ceilings with lining paper before emulsion painting.
- How to prepare walls and ceilings with lining paper (cross lining) before wallpapering.
- The techniques of wallpapering including window reveals etc.
- How to splice different papers and hang borders.
You may wish to choose other aspects to learn during the 2 days or simply extend your course if you wish to cover any of the following areas. Rest assured we can form a bespoke course that covers your preferences. You may like to consider covering:
Special Paint Effects Course
- How to prepare surfaces for faux finishes.
- The basic masking techniques for a professional finish.
- The art of stencilling to include single plate, multi plate, stencil board and air brushing stencils on walls.
- How to produce marbling and graining effects.
Theme Rooms Painting Course
- Planning and designing a theme room.
- Painting murals.
- How to stencil designs
- How to use colour to create special effects such as clouds etc.
After this course some students also undertake other short courses to build on their knowledge and others decide to go on and complete a full qualification in other areas and go further with their training. If this is the case for you when you attend your short wallpapering course then we recommend that completing different areas as a package greatly enhances the student experience. This provides students who successfully complete their courses with a good grounding and the ability to carry out work in their homes both safely and to a standard that the student is happy with.
Other Subjects Covered
(ATW Certificate if required in any of the following aspects which can be covered on these courses)
- 5 Day Plastering Course
- 5 Day Block Paving Course
- 5 Day Kitchen Fitting Course
- 5 Day Bricklaying Course
- 5 Day Carpentry Course
- 5 Day Painting & Decorating Course
- 5 Day Plumbing Course
- 5 Day Electrical Course
Support for students
Access Training is committed to the highest standards of customer focus and technical expertise, with a host of benefits including:
- Specialist, professionally qualified teaching staff with a wealth of industry experience.
- Enhanced Online Assessments, allowing students to sit exams with flexibility to fit around their speed of learning.
- 24hr online support for all student questions and queries when studying away from the training centre.
We train students from anywhere in the UK
The main areas include:
- South Wales
(Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Bridgend)
- South of England
(Bristol, Gloucester, Bath, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Slough, London)
- The Midlands
Birmingham, Hereford, Worcester, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester)
- The South West
(Devon, Cornwall, Exeter, Plymouth, Taunton)
Information regarding our painting & decorating courses is available from our Course Advice Team. Please call for advice or leave your details and we’ll contact you!