...to fit your work schedule & budget
CAA NVQ Diploma Level 2 - Painting & Decorating
(Cskills Awards L2 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing & Industrial Painting Occupations (Construction) – Painter)
This course represents a level that a potential painting & decorating professional could achieve. The Construction Awards Alliance (CAA) NVQ Diploma in painting and decorating is the advanced level course designed to develop the skills and knowledge of literally anyone, enabling them to train from zero knowledge up to working in the industry in their chosen craft of Painting & Decorating and ultimately qualifying them fully to work onsite, after the course.
All the units of training must be completed by each learner and you will be guided and trained throughout this process by our experienced trainers. After the initial training gained at our centre you will then be assessed in the workplace by one of our Assessors. To gain the full NVQ diploma, learners must achieve all units, the final practical assignment, pass the multiple online tests and achieve the onsite assessment requirements.
What this course will do with regards to all of this, is equip all course participants with the vital skills and knowledge to produce a professional finish in all scenarios resulting in the award of a NVQ Diploma high level qualification. This is an advanced course but it is designed for anyone; novices and experienced personnel wanting to gain their NVQ.
Who is this qualification for?
There are no formal entry requirements for the diploma anyone can enrol and complete this course. All potential candidates have the opportunity to attend and successfully gain the full NVQ Diploma qualification.
Although the Construction Awards Alliance (CAA) do not state that there is a need for any formal entry requirements, this course is not suitable for those who wish to improve their DIY or property development skills. The qualification is designed for those personnel who want to gain a qualification to enter the industry and be recognised.
It is also intended for those working with Painting & Decorating contracting companies who have responsibility for their staff to be qualified. The CAA have designed this course so that it caters for all learners, whatever their background and inexperience.
(CAA Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating)
The initial part of the course has been specifically developed for delivery at our Training Centre using simulated conditions that are as close to real scenarios as possible. The course is practical based and there are online tests so the candidate can show what they can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
The training comprises of:
- CC 1001K Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- CC 1001S Carry out safe working practices in construction
- CC 2002K Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- CC 2002S Information, quantities and communicating with others
- CC 2003K Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- CC 2003S Building methods and construction technology
- CC 2019K Know how to prepare surfaces for decoration
- CC 2019S Prepare surfaces for decoration
- CC 2020K Know how to apply paint systems by brush and roller
- CC 2020S Apply paint systems by brush and roller
- CC 2021K Know how to apply standard papers to walls and ceilings
- CC 2021S Apply standard papers to walls and ceilings
- CC 2022K Know how to produce specialist decorative finishes
- CC 2022S Produce specialist decorative finishes
- CC 2023K Know how to apply water-borne paint systems using high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray equipment
- CC 2023S Apply water-borne paint systems using high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray equipment
- CC 2024K Know how to erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
- CC 2024S Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
Followed by the Painting and Decorating Level 2 Synoptic Practical Assignment, ‘Prepare for and decorate a room including doors and balustrades’ and the online exam. In summary the completion of the ‘in-centre’ part of the course will be after the:
- Achievement of each unit by internal testing undertaken by the candidate. Each knowledge unit also has a mandatory series of questions and answers that will be asked by the Tutor.
- A synoptic practical assignment set by the CAA that the candidate must complete.
- Online test covering the specified units that must be passed to achieve the qualification. The test is an independent test of both knowledge and understanding.
You will then be assessed onsite by one of our assessors on a number of arranged occasions. He will then sign off each part of the criteria that you achieve in the workplace and your NVQ Diploma.
After this course some students decide to go further and undertake other courses to broaden their scope of work. We recommend that completing a second course such as a tiling course as a complete package ensures that you as a student have the practical experience as well as theoretical knowledge of your work. This provides students who successfully complete both courses with a good grounding and the ability to carry out many tasks and increase their scope of work
- CAA Diploma in Tiling
- City & Guilds Tiling Course
- DIY and Home Improvement Tiling Course
Our Painting & Decorating courses provide this clear progression route, helping learners to achieve the career goals they aspire to. With these skills and qualifications you can progress to a higher level of work during your career and you can for example, move on to work in the Building Services Industry further down the line. This helps those who wish, to progress from skilled occupations into technical, supervisory or managerial posts
Support for students
Access Training is committed to the highest standards of customer focus and technical expertise, with a host of benefits including:
- Specialist, professionally qualified teaching staff with a wealth of industry experience.
- Enhanced Online Assessments, allowing students to sit exams with flexibility to fit around their speed of learning.
- 24hr online support for all student questions and queries when studying away from the training centre.
We train students from anywhere in the UK
The main areas include:
- South Wales
(Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Bridgend)
- South of England
(Bristol, Gloucester, Bath, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Slough, London)
- The Midlands
(Birmingham, Hereford, Worcester, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester)
- The South West
(Devon, Cornwall, Exeter, Plymouth, Taunton)
Information regarding our painting & decorating courses is available from our Course Advice Team. Please call for advice or leave your details and we’ll contact you!